An energetic individual and an adept learner, the Student and Faculty Support & Integrationst (SFTSI) helps the school develop, support, and analyze the technologies that undergird the school allowing the school to effectively deliver on its mission and vision in a 21st century environment. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the SFTSI supports the software and hardware tools as well as assists in designing, developing, and maintaining efficient forward looking workflows. The SFTSI provides direct support to faculty and students. This position requires knowledge, flexibility, empathy, and creative and critical thinking skills.
Student and Faculty Technology Support Integrationist duties will include:
- Support students and faculty with their devices and software.
- Support the use of and the users of the school’s cloud based platforms ie email, LMS, endpoint protection etc..(Experience with applications like Apple School Manager, Mosyle Manager, Google Apps for Education, Aerohive NG Cloud Manager, ZenDesk, Blackbaud’s Education Suite)
- Exemplify purposeful technology use and best practices.
- Develop and maintain tech support documentation and provide workshops throughout the year for students and faculty.
- Demonstrate comfort and capability in supporting OSX, Windows and iOS based hardware, software and peripherals in a 1:1 or 1:many environment.
- Troubleshoot some network issues.
- Structure and implement back up routines.
- Manage servers.
- Engage in diverse community activities
- Fulfill tech support duties as needed.
- Attend All School Assemblies
- Serve as an student advisor during the academic year
- Pull off occasional light to moderate magic
The ideal Student and Faculty Technology Support & Integrationist will possess:
- a vision about the evolving role of media and technology in education.
- an innovative, start-up spirit.
- a collaborative, flexible, approachable, calm temperament.
- the ability to solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- attention to detail and good judgment with the ability to define procedures and practices.
- self-starter capabilities.
- the ability to work with enthusiasm and pride.
- proficiency in commonly used educational technology tools and techniques and explores new technologies and ideas.
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- Three to five years experience in the field of technology support.
Burr and Burton Academy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is against Burr and Burton’s policy for any employee to discriminate against an applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. The school’s equal opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.